Saturday, January 8, 2011

"Charity"

Healingdream-freedigitalphotos.net
      The lack of posts recently has been due to my helping a close friend deal with some business issues.  I don’t have many friends, and consider most people acquaintances.  Those I do consider “close” become more like a family member to me.  So to get a better understanding of why I have been working 12+ hour days for the last two weeks without pay (no time for food, just stress filled sleep), I will use the terminology; “helping my brother deal with some business issues.”  I am not trying to toot my own horn here, just giving an example of an alternate form of charity that can benefit people in your daily life.  Sacrificing my time and health (STRESS is a killer) allowed him to get very time consuming, labor intensive work done for free.  Thus, alleviating much of his work load/stress.  It is also helping the business get off the ground successfully.  Working hard for someone while not expecting anything in return is a liberating experience, and I can’t think of a better way to give to someone I love.

allvoices

No comments: